Social Media Community Guidelines
Utah Behavior Services Inc.’s (UTBS) social media accounts are intended to be a place to learn, connect and share stories and experiences. To create a positive, engaged, and safe environment, the following social media community guidelines have been implemented. All users should carefully be mindful of these guidelines when engaging on UTBS social media accounts.
Our quest is to build meaningful interactions with our audiences on topics in areas of UTBS’s expertise and service to the communities we serve. We aim to respond to questions, suggestions, and requests for information concerning the wide range of knowledge produced by UTBS.
If you choose to post to one of our social media channels or interact with our posts—whether as a response or comment—you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines. These apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us and/or the owner of the social media platform. Comments and responses to posts on our sites are the responsibility of the individual posting them.
These standards are based on our core institutional values:
- UTBS is committed to excellence
- UTBS is tenacious
- UTBS is resilient.
- UTBS works as a team
- UTBS strengthens families.
Positive and Supportive Online Comunity
We encourage you to comment and interact with our social media accounts as we build a positive and supportive online community. We welcome questions and comments, including respectful and healthy debate, constructive feedback, and suggestions. Please remember to stay on topic and be respectful.
How you behave while not liking or being mad at someone matters. Things can be said in the heat of the moment which are unwarranted, untrue, or lack context. Dishonesty and hurtful cyberbullying will not be tolerated by UTBS. We are open to anyone sharing their perspectives with respect, honesty, and kindness when posting on this page. Otherwise, your ability to post will be removed. This is a higher standard, but certainly includes cyberbullying.
“Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, texts, apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else.” (Stopbullying.gov)
- Be respectful to all those with whom you interact within our social media communities.
- Share your comments and ideas thoughtfully, with the consideration you would expect to be afforded.
- Refrain from inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, or profane comments.
Comment Moderation Policy
UTBS will not tolerate and reserves its right to remove any posts or comment that:
- Are hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, disturbing, violent, or inappropriate.
- Are abusive, bullying, threatening, or harassing others.
- Contain spam, promotional material, or links to third-party websites.
- Refers to criminal or illegal activity.
- Are sexually explicit or pornographic.
- Include personally identifiable information.
- Are fraudulent, including information that is false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Contains profanity or disrespectful or demeaning language.
We reserve the right to reject or remove comments that are not in keeping with our policy, values, and principles; and we reserve the right to block or ban users/followers who do not follow these guidelines.